- class wpilib.Talon(channel)¶
Cross the Road Electronics (CTRE) Talon and Talon SR Speed Controller via PWM
Constructor for a Talon (original or Talon SR)
Parameters: channel (int) – The PWM channel that the Talon is attached to. 0-9 are on-board, 10-19 are on the MXP port
The Talon uses the following bounds for PWM values. These values should work reasonably well for most controllers, but if users experience issues such as asymmetric behavior around the deadband or inability to saturate the controller in either direction, calibration is recommended. The calibration procedure can be found in the Talon User Manual available from CTRE.
- 2.037ms = full “forward”
- 1.539ms = the “high end” of the deadband range
- 1.513ms = center of the deadband range (off)
- 1.487ms = the “low end” of the deadband range
- 0.989ms = full “reverse”
Get the recently set value of the PWM.
Returns: The most recently set value for the PWM between -1.0 and 1.0. Return type: float
Write out the PID value as seen in the PIDOutput base object.
Parameters: output (float) – Write out the PWM value as was found in the PIDController.
- set(speed, syncGroup=0)¶
Set the PWM value.
The PWM value is set using a range of -1.0 to 1.0, appropriately scaling the value for the FPGA.
- speed (float) – The speed to set. Value should be between -1.0 and 1.0.
- syncGroup – The update group to add this set() to, pending updateSyncGroup(). If 0, update immediately.